Hethpool : The Chapel
There is reference to a medieval chapel at Hethpool during the first half of the 13th Century.
Robert de Muschamp granted all the tithes from his lands in Hethpool to Kirkham Priory and Kirknewton parish church (then in the possession of the priory) in return for permission to have a chantry for his own chaplain in the chapel of Hethpool, at all times that he and his wife were in residence in the manor (Kirkham Cartulary, fol. 83; cf. NCH XII (1922), 252).
The location of this building has not been identified.